October 1, 2010

I think I'm a hippie

So, I found myself at a lovely heart circle healing in a tipi this week... kind of a normal tale for me. I mean, I usually have a tipi in my backyard.

 I also run a big ol' open mic in my house. Full o' funny smells, music, beautiful people, group hugs, tea and hookah
Then, I had a lovely Birthday and fire spinners showed up around our firepit (our tipi had been borrowed for a street party... though my favorite fiddler and his lady love are about to move into it/our backyard for the month) while people cuddled in a new fangled hammock, a drum circle ensued, I think there was even some hula hooping.


I think often think of  myself as less hokey and more business than hippie. More science and business than I think of as hippie. But then I think maybe when I look at how others would look at my life, though... obviously epically hippie.

One of my dad's best friends, Larry, said to me once "Ha! No matter how hard Ian tried one of you still came out all hippie!" and my lovely cousin Cec recently labelled me as one of great power of flower.

I'm going to go dance barefoot and play for First Voices now.
(after writing e-mails to the mayor, Greater Halifax Partnership and working in an office all day)
Yup. Can't avoid it. Kind of love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment