February 26, 2011

Lessons from Love Songs

 King's Call Theory


I have a song called king's call
which I wrote while overcoming my grand love of
Kyle T. McKenna
who is still, in my eyes,
one of the most beautiful human beings to walk the earth
while overlooking a lake in Tamagami full of forever-monogomous loons
and thinking fondly and perplexed of
my affections for amazing & exceptional Brian Sandiland

-----
King's Call
Far from my soul I realize
I have sinned
To keep you for myself would make me a bad friend
But I want you to know
You make your own home

To my sides I see the men
who could do anything
But they won't heed the command
or chase their destiny.
But be yee not afraid
your yer own master
and your own
slave

Secret of soul I devise
to set you free
You may not know what I am
Just be glad I'm me
But I can be with no man
who won't be a king when he can
this king's call is for you
this kings call is for you

So I will go my own way
and you can't follow
I will go my own way
and be not afraid
for this is my place


Secret of souls we devise
to set us free
and help unbind the lies
which define our everythings
for I can be with no man
who won't take his thrown
or help his own
hands
this kings call is for you
this king's call is for you

But be yee not afraid
for we are all god: Made.

You will go your way
and I may follow
You will go your way
and be not afraid
for this is your place
This king's call is for you
this kings call is for you.
--------


It is one of my favorite songs, to date
and tells the tale
of being picky.
Needing someone who's own path would not be erased by me having a path
who did not look to me for direction
who's wings I did not clip
who can take responsibility for their actions in or out of relationships
who will be their best whenever they can
who will perpetually work on themselves
and be better for knowing me whether I am 'round or not
and vice versa
who is ready to
create their own reality
Only then, would I not mind co-creating with them

And, about the pain of letting go of a man I knew full well was a King
and one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen
but that I was keeping from his majesty
about how I wanna protect my heart
after true love, how
I need to find my own way
and to be true to myself:
Be a Queen.
The theory being that if you
Be who you want to be
and who you want
and then what you need
will come to you
But it must be something they own
and both partners must know themselves

I wrote this from an incredibly faithful and loyal place
I could not think past Real Love
and though others churned new parts of my mind
and touched my heart
I was holding out for something special
as special
 as a bewildered youngster, new to singledom
I was emotionally unavailable


And now, with the help of a lovely fellow who I hold forever dear--Brent-- I am understand the mechanics of my mind more
Who I am in a relationship.
Not thinking babies and kids marriage
but partnership. and mutual betterment
(though I still will only mate with those whose children I would have)
I left the door ajar, whereas I used to wholly close the door
to things unserious
aka that which paled in comparison
to what I remembered of what grew in a 6 year relationship.
Now I am finding calm in those things fleeting and forever
and I know now I withhold from giving all that I could give
and
I hold many expectations
I think I have learned to own what is my mind, my own insecurities
understand someone elses
and am figuring out the balance of productivity,
Getting rid of those self-defeating myths and ideas about love:
those things in my life which I think Love jinxes.
"I cannot write music when I am in love"
"I am distracted and less productive when I am in love"
I admire Brent so much.
and his path of perpetual improvment
and the fires he sets in my mind
And had I written a prescription for myself and my heart a few months ago
He has filled it.

Because I think love is forever.

All varieties of love.
I am often freely fond of even strangers
and I tend to keep and love those friends I make forevermore
and those that aren't, are not forever more for a reason:

So why would lovers be any different?

If what they say is "nothing is forever," then what makes love the exception? So why are we so in denial when we know we're not happy here?"

I still haven't quite figured it out.
But my love songs help.
Milieu means
Milieu
\mēl-ˈyə(r), -ˈyü, -ˈyœ; ˈmēl-ˌyü\
plural milieus or mi·lieux\-ˈyə(r)(z), -ˈyüz, -ˈyœ(z); -ˌyü(z)\
: the physical or social setting in which something occurs or develops
and a few months ago I wrote a song called 
Milieu for Brent Hiscock and those things fleetingly forever
---------
I have been a lone wolf for some time
For a time
But now tire of no one
Knowing my body or my
Mind
I have been suspicious of those
who
Thought I was a find
But I can share a moment with you
for we are of the same kind

Well lust can be healing
If you know what you do
If I gave you a moment
Would you learn from this milieu

Can we act with love
And give all our care
Can you act in love
Even if it goes no where

Don't let me say
This ain't a thing
I will celebrate your worth because I see you are a king
Even if it's a fling

But Lust can be dirty
If hearts aren't true
If we shared in this moment
Would you promise to be you?

In acts of love
I cannot hide all that I am
In the act of love you can't hide
Though I fear you can
Though you fear you can

So if you touch you'll teach me
You will shape me not break me
We will just renew/I can only learn from you
In this milieu
(Thank you Thank you Thank you)
------
 
 But, I am still love Kyle and he loves me.
And our tie shall never be broken
but I seem to forever hold him back
yet
 I simply want what is best for him
and even if we shall love each other forever
we are not done learning outside of each other
and not the best pair now.

The door is neither open nor closed, but I cannot let him mourn me.
He does not deserve to mourn.


So I wrote this:




to know
-------
I don't wanna be the reason you can't look at my face
I don't want our love's treasons
to make you feel out of place
'cause I will always love you but I should never need you
we need to know
we stand on our own

Don't make me into that thing
that keeps you up at night
I wish memories of our love
would tuck you in
just right
And I will always love you
but I can never need you
I need to know, I stand on my own

I will never give up on you
I will always believe in you
'cause we are where my heart built its home
but what you thought you lost with me
was not something that ever came from me
oh love
your direction is your own

So, don't mind that our memories
put a smile on my face
and 'cause the tie cannot be broken, 
it's a walk not a chase
And I will always love you
But you should never need me
you need to know
you stand on your own
you need to know
and let me go.

----



And last but not least,
I wrote another song for lovely Brent.
My first song on harp.
(though only one song, I already have many a picture of me with harp)

Upon realizing I had more to give
Brent touched my heart and mind in a way I shall revere forever
and I have never felt before
Like we took out our life lesson books and studied together
I have lots to give.
and I want to be my whole self.



We often debate about whether life is about you creating your reality, and or what is the value of helping others
What are others if you create your own reality?
Its like a choose your own adventure book, so what are the other characters?
So the beginning of this song is spoken from a place I think we both share
(wanting to be called on our shit, being guarded and defensive and stubborn, feeling both meaningfilled and a lil' meaningless)
and the middle is from a place of not quite spreading your wings
and taking credit for everything that comes to you as yours
instead of celebrating your muse
or when you shake hands with fate
and serve all those around you
and perhaps the will of the divine

and the end is the lesson I have learned.
And realizing 
I am no longer afraid of love.


------
I am a coward
in matters of love
I have no tolerance for those who won't move when I shove
but when I seem invunerable
how fragile I am
When I am intolerable, who can tell me I am?
and if I am so strong,
who is strong enough to hold my hand?
+
++
Oh, where has my heart gone?
Can I hear the wind?
And if a fortune falls 
in my favour
is it me?
Was it me?
Is it me?
Was it me?

So, remember
The heart in your mind
It makes sense to be kind
It makes sense to be kind.

And you are my wonder
you pretty lil' thing
and if the fortunes fall 
in my favour
it was we
it was me
it was we.

Remember
the heart in your mind
it makes sense to be kind
It makes sense
It makes sense
to be kind.
+++++
So, don't be a coward
in matters of love
and have the patience to 
unlearn
Unlearn
when push comes to shove
and If I seem invulnerable:
Won;t you take off my shell?
If I am intolerable, please won't you tell?
And if I seem so strong
be strong enough to hold my hand
and remember
remember.
----------------------



I have no name for that one.
But I am happy.
and content.

I am not afraid of love
I have no use of being a coward.

No comments:

Post a Comment