April 7, 2011

Bobby McFerrin is my Homeboy




No, really.
What a man.




You might know this man as I did...



in fact, the first time I heard his name, I heard the awful rumor he had ironically killed himself. I briefly shared this tale! And I am oh-so-happy it is false.
AS THIS GUY


And yet, I did not know his tale.
At all, in fact...(Except that he was alive)
until I found this lil' nugget o' delight



 
And my roomie, and pure delight, Ben Caplan saw that I had posted this on yee ol' Facebook.
And asked if I had ever seen this goosebump-giving video of the man facilitating song





Then I realized something...

I love him so.







He addresses much of my recent obsessions:

Chaordic Design
 
And


And



Collaborative Leadership



And


The bringing the private voice to the public sphere




And


("Walking the fine line between control & surrender")

all of my conundrums of mind about music, Leadership & my own whackyness.




I am not certain I have seen someone who so encapsulated my own ideal style.
 
and 
Look at 'em!


Keep looking









HE ROCKED SESAME STREET


TWICE








You may infact be one of the only living models
I can aspire to.

That is a beautiful thing to find.
As a musician. As an educator.
As a facilitator.
As a collaborator.
As someone shoeless.
As a joyful being.



Thanks for being you, Bobby.
And giving others the permission to be themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment