April 25, 2010

The Box


An Introduction to an Interconnectivist.

I was dubious about choosing a name. But to introduce: I want to say I self-identify as a loving & absurdly social nerd. Though, lots of my nerd qualifiers don't wholly consume me because of of my obscene addiction to people:
I love History, Economics, Biology, Religion, Star Trek, Video games, Cosmology, Inventions, Myths & Legends, Quantum Physics, Art and trying to know everything about everything. I even like to footnote my journals. And the nerdier I try to get about things the more I know I don't know. And also, the more analogous and serendipitous things get. The more life seems to speak in Legends & the morals of those tales.


I don't like the idea of being single-minded or slotted neatly into a box: So I tried to make up my own box of Interconectivism.

I have an aversion to being bad at things, or even disliking things. Though, sometimes pathologically I refuse to think things are gross or to say I am too weak for something. This is especially prominent feature of mine, when it comes to people. When I come across the rare human being that I don't like, can't read or am irritated by I consider it a sassy challenge and try to find their glory. Everyone has meaning, everything (especially those things which you are adverse to) is a teacher.

Since you know not the dimensions of this Interconnectivist box, I shall make it up as I go along and try to decipher the Moral of my own tales and legends.

That being said, and after many requests to share my weird, interdisciplinary nerdiness, digressions & Haligonian happenings: I consider this a social experiment to exercise my (often elusive) coherence & conciseness, and a chance to practice my passionate perspectives and get feedback on the mechanics of my mind. The prominent reason to blog is to use you all as my fact checkers and teachers since I live in my own story. None of us are free from our own delusions, and I am proud to be an imaginative oddball, but I would be of no social use or merit if I didn't get criticized, called out or knew when I captivated once n' awhile. I am not exactly trying to tell a story, I am more trying to make a case for why it feels amazing to be me, and I need you make sure I substantiate the evidence.

This is an introduction to what it might mean to be an Interconnectivist, and what it might mean to be Julia.

No comments:

Post a Comment