April 27, 2010

Is that Neccesary?





This is a spelling test.

Last night my sister taught me a trick to remember spelling necessary since I 'necissarily spell it incorrectly' (though, I do not need to spell it incorrectly, and you need what is necessary necessarily):

French reference: ne + cesse (meaning doesn't stop).

Though I am not generally verbally challenged, occasionally certain words habitually escape me.

Former stars of this spot include: Gage(gauge), flavor(flavour), Absurd (ubsurd) business (buisness), convenience (convieniance), etc. Neccesary is one of those words. Why is necessity spelled with one C two S's and necessary with one C and two s's??

It seems unneccisary. I mean.. unnecessary.

But it got me to thinking about once when my illustrious co-worker Kira told me when she watches me work she thinks of one thing always: "Is that neccisary?" I mean... necisary. I mean, Necessary.

So that expression briefly became my tagline of sorts, to the point that my lovely roomie Cait made a bracelet of letters that spelled the expression. And when I would do things like jump on things in a Parkour fashion, go barefoot, Smile all day, take 4 trips to do a 1 trip job, drop things on my shirt, eat off the ground, I would ask about the necessity of the incident.

I shall try to have one "Is that Necessary?" question per post--generally inspired by the happenings of my day or things about me or my surroundings which I usually percieve as normal but are a little ubsurd. Absurd. And occasionally those realities and normalities must be re-framed. The question shall be at post bottoms and words link to points/solutions to ponder.

This particular one, in the ever-sexy launch, every word is a link to points to ponder.

Is that necessary? ___________________________________
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
it takes ______ sheets of TP to make on 8x10 sheet of writing paper.

2 comments:

  1. Flavor/flavour is a US/UK thing, not a mistake, silly. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was that necessary?


    It is still a mistake to me if I am a fiend for Canada and UK-style spellings, yes?

    ReplyDelete