May 10, 2010

All People are Prophets




It actually drives me a little nuts to not like anouther person. I wonder "what is wrong with me?" and "what is it in them?" in the same breath. They cannot be wholly wrong. There is always a common ground, isn't there? I love a challenge. But more so: I love people.

I have never met a man so ignorant that I couldn't learn something from him.


- Galileo

I have met many and disliked few. Me thinks this is the luck of my disposition. But it does not mean some people do not compute to me. I luckily somehow gathered from all the lovely people that raised me that everyone is meant to be and that we are all facets o' God. (whatever you might define god as).




Gandhi - Organic Color



If you don't find God in the next person you meet, it is a waste of time looking for him further.


- Mahatma Gandhi
{Ah, isn't it cliche to quote Gandhi?}

Even the people who seem the most absurd and most hateful have the largest lessons to teach you about where you stand.

Kahlil GibranWhen you enjoy loving your neighbor it ceases to be a virtue.- Kahlil Gibran

Your mechanisms of mind are invisible amoung those who have a similar engine and with whom you easily identify.





EmersonOther men are lenses through which we read our own minds.



- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Adversity in this light is a sort of blessing, eh? But without the patience, respect and will to perpetually attempt friendship with all creatures, especially the strange and seemingly ugly, we will perpetuate that ugliness, misunderstanding and be unkind.

I guess that is why this lesson is old school.


Is that necessary?____________________
Why do racists in positions of privilege rarely see past the image which they and theirs help create?

No comments:

Post a Comment