February 3, 2011

A Promise for Spring.



Don't let it out they might say
Your work should never look like your play

but I feel I must convey:
I ain't worked a day
I've never worked a day

And I'll pray I'll earn my keep
and that this Autumn is a promise for spring.

I'm sorry they might say
Your passions won't pay
nor will your do goodings
so just make it with what we have made
to keep the darkness at bay
just tuck your gift away

But I want to play
and put my best parts in the game

So you'll pray I'll earn my keep
but tomorrow it is
oh yes, tomorrow is
not yesterday
Tomorrow is not yesterday.


So I'll let it out and I will say:
My passion will pay. Just know your do goodings
and make it with what you are made
To lead nightmares astray
Don't let your dreams slip at way

And you'll pray I'll earn my keep
But autumn is but a promise for spring

No comments:

Post a Comment