February 4, 2011

Falling in Love




I wonder if I can anymore.
Falling, that is.
Hmm.
It took me quite some time to fall in love the first time
But, I feel a lil' odd about it.
Its funny that sometimes I feel as though I should be in love.
The opportunity abounds.
and yet
There is something unbalanced about it.
I remember once my sister saying after being in love
she mediated herself into mild content
for she was suspicious of happiness
for she had come to know it eventually came with a price


Worrying about being caged can become its own prison
Just as breaking habits can become a terrible one itself.
I would hate to control someone
or be controlled

I realized some time ago that one of my biggest fears was being or having "An Ol' ball n' chain"
And I worry most about  muting the person I adore. 
I want to enrich not put out someones life fires and plans and desires.


I cannot picture the safe space
where I would be conivinced
love was a good idea.

I shall not have my wings clipped
I feel too rational for it. Can you be adult in mind about love? 
Could it then ever be called falling? Or feel like falling? 
Like that absurd all-consuming flame i remember from adolescence?.

But does this fierce indepedance mean I shall never be known?
Will I protect that intimate part of myself to a fault?
I am glad I am not easy about such things,
but it does make me wonder.
Perhaps I may stumble upon it on my path.
A stumble not a fall.
Equilibrium found?

Hmm.
My heart is a wee bit aflame though.
Conteded in some sort of blessed unrest
a long embrace
a comforting prod.
Let it be known.


I am a coward in matters of love for I have no patience for those who wont move when push comes to shove
But when I am invunerable How fragile I am and when I am intolerable who can tell me I am
and if I am so strong who is strong enough to take my hand?
If I have my own plans.
Then where has my spark gone? Can I hear the wind?
And if fortune falls in my favour, is it me? Is it me? Is it me? Is it me?
Remember: The Heart in Your MInd.
It makes sense to be kind.
It makes sense to be kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment